Thursday, September 20, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Lasagna


Today's recipe was a new one for me. I give credit to my friend Erica for sharing this recipe. She found it from: http://hotmamanetwork.com/blog/buffalo-chicken-lasagna/
So I love Buffalo Chicken and I certainly love Lasagna (and I have great family recipe for it that I may share some day) so this seemed like a match made in heaven for me. Make it a relatively healthy dish and you can just sign me up right there.

If you want a more visible version of the recipe, check out the link above.
                        


So healthy can be a subjective term but I am calling it healthy because it has chicken and cottage cheese (I replaced the ricotta with cottage cheese by the way) and not as much shredded cheese as some other lasagna recipes. Certainly, you still have cheese and noodles which some schools of health would suggest aren't great for you. Either way, it is going to have a good amount of protein. 8 Servings at less than 500 calories will feed many or provide you with plenty of leftovers.


A slightly soupier version of lasagna...at least until it cools

Tastes WAY better than it looks.


Of course, buffalo sauce is pretty strong but this recipe has just the right amount without completely overpowering the pasta sauce. You get tons of flavor from the pasta and buffalo sauce but then you get the really soft/moist chicken and then you are lovin' it. Yeah, the presentation doesn't look great but it tastes like a new type of comfort food. It is relatively easy except for shredding the chicken but you could just buy canned chicken if you wanted to skip that step. I plan on making this a LOT this fall/winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment