Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Sausage and Peppers


Here is another one of my quick, go to recipes. Yes, another sausage recipe. I normally use Kielbasa sausage for this recipe but I happened to have Jalapeno & Cheddar flavored sausages in the fridge, which I thought would work too. Spoiler alert, they worked.


Below are the ingredients

Everything here is optional, especially the Worchestshire, Frank's or the mushrooms.















You can be as simple as just the sausage and birds eye and throw in any seasonings you want. I like mushrooms as they soak up a lot of the juices and add some more texture to the meal. I didn't track the calories on this but this is pretty low calories as most of the calories come from the sausages you choose. Go with a Turkey Kielbasa (100 Calories times 7 Servings) if you want to cut some off the total.

To cook, just cut up the sausages into circles or half circles. Sear them in a pan if you like on medium-medium high for 5 minutes or so. Then add everything else. The birds eye and any sauces you put in will add quite a bit of water so I like to then turn the heat to high to cook out most of the water.

With all the ingredients shown above, cooking on high to cook out the veggie liquids.
I am all about versatility and this recipe is versatile. You can eat it by itself, on a hot dog/brat bun with cheese on it (which I recommend) or on rice or cous cous. You can dice up your own fresh veggies, or you can buy store bought ones (birds eye is like $2-3 dollars and you don't have to spend 10-15 minutes cutting and cleaning veggies). You can make it spicy or salty. This recipe is an absolute must try

No comments:

Post a Comment