Friday, November 1, 2013

Mad Meatball

I saw a Groupon for a new restaurant in the neighborhood, Mad Meatball. I like trying new restaurants downtown and good deals with them so I scooped it up. They don't have a website so this link isn't that useful:

https://plus.google.com/109404905576284732292/about?gl=us&hl=en
Mad Meatball is located next to Capital Pub and Hot Dog and I believe is under the same management/ownership. Basically, it is a dive bar that serves bar food. Meatballs apparently are their specialty but I ordered one of their pizzas that had a lot of toppings (don't remember which one but the only one with banana peppers on it). The menu isn't very big but contains a couple different pizza combinations and a few different types of traditional bar sandwiches.



Pretty much a bar pizza
The pizza wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't anything amazing. Anything that combines meat, cheese and banana peppers will be good in my book. Two people can polish off their large pizza since it is pretty thin. I believe the Groupon was $10 for $20 so a pizza and a beer pretty much covers that.

Not much really to say other than I wouldn't go out of my way to go here and I definitely wouldn't go here without a Groupon (I believe they've already offered it a 2nd time and they haven't been open more than 2 or 3 months?). The food seems more like,"hey I'm 5 beers deep and kind of hungry now, oh here's a food menu" type of food.  Check it out and let me know if you found something worth going for.

1 comment: