Saturday, March 22, 2014

Loaded Paleo Nachos (Sweet Potato Chips)

I love sweet potatoes, nachos and chips. I also am aiming to sparsely use wheat/grains in my diet so this recipe was perfect for me. Special thanks to Karla Walsh for the recipe and letting me use her mandolin slicer.

http://lexiscleankitchen.com/2013/08/24/loaded-paleo-nachos/


I mostly used this recipe for the sweet potato chip idea. The chips by themselves taste good. I used just regular salt on most of them and the taco john's potato ole seasoning on some others (both good!). I decided to make my usual taco beef recipe (1lb of ground beef and 1 packet of Taco seasoning).

I let these cook about 25-30 minutes. Depending on the thinness, some will get done sooner. I left some in longer than 30 minutes and they got slightly burned. They don't have the crisp of a typical potato chip...but these will not poison your body like a delicious, crispy potato chip either so that's a nice tradeoff.


Sweet Potato chips (This is probably about 2/3rds of what I got out of a huge sweet potato)

My rendition of the nachos buried under: taco meat, greek yogurt and salsa.


If you do like I did and just make this recipe just for the chips, I think you will be happy. I may have smothered my chips too much as to where I didn't even notice they were there. I think you have to be careful how much you put on your chips because they are a subtle flavor and crunch. If you do make the other items in the recipe, please let me know how they turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment