Thursday, December 13, 2012

Classic Lasagna

What is the only thing you, me and Garfield have in common? We all love dogs  lasagna. Here is my grandma's recipe of "Classic" lasagna. Some lasagnas use ricotta, my grandma doesn't mess around as she uses a brick of mozzarella. I like Grandma's much better.

This is another great meal for a dinner party because it feeds a lot. I used a normal sized casserole dish and it wasn't enough to hold the entire recipe so I had to call in the services of some other random baking dish I had. Buy a box of frozen garlic bread or a French Loaf  of bread with this and you should be able to feed a minimum of 8 people (unless someone was training with Michael Phelps that day).

Recipe/Directions:





So this small pan feeds probably 2 people, and this is actually only 1/5th of the total batch

This is one of my top 5 homemade meals ever. I recall not liking it when I was a young chitlin, now I wonder what the hell was wrong with me. It's like eating soft gooey pizza and who isn't on board with that? Like anything that tastes like a soft gooey pizza, it is high in calories (special thanks to the mozzarella). You can try lower calorie meats (or no meat at all). Since cheese is the main culprit, I bet you could replace the mozzarella with cottage cheese (likely save some calories and get more protein. Try it out and let me know what you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment