Monday, July 23, 2012

Business in the front, party in the back @ Mullets

Mullets is a restaurant/bar located just south of downtown. It opened up roughly 2 years ago and boasts a great menu. They serve lunch and dinner everyday and an awesome breakfast on the weekends. They have sandwiches/po'boys, pizza, burgers and more. They have a laid back atmosphere with tables and a bar inside but also some patio seating which features a great view of downtown. Check out their site and menu at http://www.mulletsdm.com/menus.html .

I have been to Mullets at least 7 or 8 times and have never left unhappy. I've had the pizza (they will make it heart shaped for Valentine's day), their jalapeno & cheese stuffed burger called the Gringo & their awesome breakfast meatloaf. Those are all great, but today I am going to talk about my favorite dish there.... The Sandberg. 

Named after one of the greatest Cubs ever, Ryan Sandberg, who at the time was managing the Iowa Cubs down the street. The Sandberg is a Polish Sausage wrapped in bacon smothered with chili, grilled onions, peppers, bbq sauce, swiss, cheddar jack & cream cheese ALL wrapped into a Po'Boy bun. If that isn't great enough, it comes with a side and they happen to have the best side I've ever had...Sweet Potato Tots. See below....

'Merica!

Mullets is probably in my Top 5 restaurants in Des Moines. Great for hanging out right before an I-Cubs game as you can get served their and then just walk down the pedestrian path to the game. If you haven't been to Mullets yet, you have to go if you like seafood, sandwiches, or America. I recommend any of the aforementioned dishes plus the sweet potato tots or fries. Let me know what you've had there.

No comments:

Post a Comment