Monday, August 27, 2012

Homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu


So I know I have had a long run of restaurant reviews and have neglected to cook and share the recipes the last couple of weeks. I am hoping to lay low on the eating out after my Minnesota/Wisconsin trip last weekend. Today's recipe is one that I have used many times and isn't very complicated. Below is the recipe and the instructions.

I never put the mustard in and I usually use pepper jack cheese instead of swiss.
Look at all that protein!

Ok, so this isn't a completely original recipe...but I did modify it to my liking...so that counts right? I used pepper jack sliced cheese instead of Swiss and omitted the Dijon mustard because I am not a fan...nor was I in a fancy limo to ask someone for some. I actually probably used 2 lbs of chicken because that is what I had left. I also threw in a can of cream of mushroom on top of the cream of chicken just to make it extra creamy. See the finished product below...


It makes quite a bit, at least 5 good sized servings.

There is a piece of chicken buried in there, I promise.
So I admit, it probably doesn't look amazing in the above photos but I believe pictures do not do this dish justice. It smells good, it tastes great, it is high in protein and it is a pretty simple dish (30-40 mins to make overall). It might be a little salty and still has some carbs from the stove top but it is pretty balanced between protein and carbs. Everyone that I have made this for has enjoyed it so try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment