Friday, June 28, 2013

CABCO - Reuben


Decided to take my dad out for an early Father's day dinner, his choice was Court Avenue Brewing Company. Crafted beers and solid pub food so you can't really go too wrong. I ordered the...


Black &Tan Reuben
Double decker sandwich, with corned beef, sauerkraut, swiss & 1000 island. 10.99

http://www.courtavebrew.com/documents/filelibrary/documents/Dinner_Menu_012012_9039A1A790ED1.pdf



This was the first time I'd ever ordered a Reuben...ever. It was pretty good--very much like my favorite sandwich in Des Moines (The Earl of Sandwich at Royal Mile). They both have awesome corned beef and a nice soft warm gooey sandwich taste to them. The sauerkraut isn't overpowering which is awesome so there was a nice balance of flavors between all the ingredients. Something that was surprisingly awesome was the side of Crispy Red Potatoes. Holy hell those were good.

The service was good and they have a patio so you can't beat that this time of year. I go back and forth as to whether I like CABCO for food. I never leave unhappy but it isn't in my first 3 choices when I am choosing a place to eat. It is definitely a solid place though. What's your favorite thing from CABCO?

No comments:

Post a Comment