Monday, September 17, 2012

FRANKS AND BEANS!



Ok so today's recipe is one of my go to recipes when I am hungry and I don't want to spend a lot of time on dinner. This recipe is two ingredients.  It is quick, delicious and full of protein. So a 2 ingredient recipe might not even qualify as a recipe but it is in my book.

1 can of Bush's baked beans (experiment with any type of flavors)
1 package of Kielbasa. Usually I use Hillshire farms turkey kielbasa but I saw that Butterball's Turkey Kielbasa sausage was on sale. They are basically the same thing. Make sure you check the nutrition facts though as not all Kielbasas are the same. This type is 100 calories with 7 servings...some are as much as 160+ calories per serving.

Ok so here is how you prepare it. Cut the sausage into round or half round pieces and sear them in a pan (although the sausage is already cooked so you don't have to cook it much other than to warm it up). To sear, cook on medium high for about 5 minutes, watch it so it doesn't burn though. Once it is cooked to your liking, pour the beans in and wait for them to warm up. Bam! You are done. I know, it doesn't even felt like you actually cooked something...but you did. Some variations I do are to season the sausage before searing (sometimes my favorite Konriko Jalapeno seasoning, sometimes I bathe it in Frank's Red Hot).

Not going to see this in a fancy restaurant




As you can see, it doesn't make a ton of servings, but thanks to our friend protein...it is filling. Great meal if you are crunched for time, you want to just make something simple, or you got your pump on and you want a dinner that will help your muscles rebuild. Try it out and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment